Here are a few simple things you can do to help improve the fuel economy of your vehicle and save money with every fill-up.
- Air Pressure Check – You may be able to improve your gas mileage by more than 3% by keeping your tires properly inflated. The reco0mmended tire pressure for your vehicle is located on a sticker inside the driver-side dorr or noted in your owner’s manual.
- Maintain Your Air Filter – Replacing a clogged air filter can improve your vehicle’s gas mileage by up to 10%
- Watch The Weight – Excess weight in yout vehicle can reduce your gas mileage by 1-2% for every 100 pounds.
- Know Your Oil – The proper grade of motor oil can improve your gas mileage by up to 2%
- Keep It Tuned – Regular vehicle maintenance can improve your gas mileage by an average of 4.1%
- Keep It Capped– About 147 million gallons of gas evaporat every year from vehicles without gas caps.
- Avoid Fast Starts – Aggressive acceleration can reduce your gas mileage by up to 33%.